I think I have another addiction… I’ve been bitten by the bug (cricut that is).
They have a monthly challenge and I need Christmas presents …sooooo, here is the challenge details:
NOVEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE: HOME SWEET HOME
The theme for this month’s challenge is all about cozying up your home with Handmade Home Decor! Please create a home decor project. Project must be newly created for this challenge and should include the following elements to qualify:
- Use atleast one Cricut Cartridge Cut
- Use the Cuttlebug in some way (embossing folder, Cuttlebug die, Quilling kit, etc.)
- Use Felt in some way
- Use the color GREEN somewhere on your project
I had a billion ideas, but, I remember Jen saying she wished she had somewhere to put her keys, and I’m always searching the house for my mail… so Walah!
here are most of the supplies I used to make my entry :
Cricut Imagine and Lori’s Garden and Sentimentals cartridges
Cuddlebug embossing folder
Recollections Colored Core paper pad (green)
Mod Podge Gloss
1 sheet 12×12 white cardstock for images printed and cut on Imagine
Small cup hooks
Deco Art “finish it” mail caddy
1. cut embellishment and emboss with cuddlebug folder.
2. Paint with color of your choice (don’t worry about center of pockets where felt will go).
3. Cut felt to fit pockets and attach with glue.
4. Sand cuddlebug embellishment. I had a slight change of plans and used the Colored core paper instead of the painted copper.
5. Attach cuddlebug embellishment, ran mine through xyron.
6. Print and cut images on Cricut Imagine using Lori’s Garden and Sentimental’s cartridges.
7. Applied images with mod podge and a paint brush.
8. Inserted cup hooks. I used three because there are 3 of us.
9. Let dry, hang by front door, and enjoy!
Let me know what ya think and if you’d like more tutorials.